joewein.net   joewein.de LLC
fighting spam and scams on the Internet
Try our spam filter!
Free trial for 30 days
  jwSpamSpy

Home
About Us
Spam
419/Nigeria
Fraud
Contact

"419" Scam – Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam

The so-called "419" scam is a type of fraud dominated by criminals from Nigeria and other countries in Africa. Victims of the scam are promised a large amount of money, such as a lottery prize, inheritance, money sitting in some bank account, etc.

Victims never receive this non-existent fortune but are tricked into sending their money to the criminals, who remain anonymous. They hide their real identity and location by using fake names and fake postal addresses as well as communicating via anonymous free email accounts and mobile phones.

Keep in mind that scammers DO NOT use their real names when defrauding people.
The criminals either abuse names of real people or companies or invent names or addresses.
Any real people or companies mentioned below have NO CONNECTION to the scammers!

Read more about such scams here or in our 419 FAQ. Use the Scam-O-Matic to verify suspect emails.

Click here to report a problem with this page.

 

 

Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:

Fraud email example:

From: "Zeid Ahmad" <z1salam@excite.com>
Reply-To: zsalam555@myway.com
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 23:12:13 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Your Response


Dear Friend,I feel safe and secured contacting you. I am highly delighted to be in contact with you and sorry for the embarrassment this mail might be to you as we have not met or known each other before.Although, I hate this medium of contact (Internet) but I chose it because it still remain the fastest, most reliable and most secured.My name is Zeid Ahmad Fayyad H. from Jordan.,I am a member ofHezbollah in Lebanon, I was among the rocket squad,as you know we are being attacked by Israelites army from air,land and sea during the 34 days war here in Lebanon. I managed to move funds belonging to the Hezbollah chief.The total amount is US$9 Million dollars in cash,in 100-dollar bills. I want to move this money out side Lebanon.I will take 70%, You take the other 30%. No strings attached, just help me move it out of Lebanon, Here is not good to keep such amount because of the UN peacekeepers everywhere in south Lebanon.I plan on using courier company where I deposited it
toshipped the money out it was sealed in two large boxes. Therefore,on receipt of your positive response,I shall send you the deposit certificate and all that you will take to get the money to your custody.All I require from you is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through.I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law both in your country and internationally. Send your confidential telephone/fax numbers,office or residential address. This business is risk free. The boxes can be shipped out in 72hrs.Awaiting your urgent response.From Zeid Ahmad Fayyad H.

_______________________________________________
Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
The most personalized portal on the Web!

Anti-fraud resources:

 

 

jwSpamSpy
Are you sick of spam too? Do you want it stopped now?
Try jwSpamSpy, the spamfilter we use to track the spammers!
Free 30-day trial version available now!