fighting spam and scams on the Internet
"419" Scam – Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam
The so-called "419" scam is a type of fraud dominated by criminals from Nigeria and other countries in Africa. Victims of the scam are promised a large amount of money, such as a lottery prize, inheritance, money sitting in some bank account, etc.
Victims never receive this non-existent fortune but are tricked into sending their money to the criminals, who remain anonymous. They hide their real identity and location by using fake names and fake postal addresses as well as communicating via anonymous free email accounts and mobile phones.
Keep in mind that scammers DO NOT use their real names when defrauding people.
The criminals either abuse names of real people or companies or invent names or addresses.
Any real people or companies mentioned below have NO CONNECTION to the scammers!
Read more about such scams here or in our 419 FAQ. Use the Scam-O-Matic to verify suspect emails.
Click here to report a problem with this page.
Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:
- An email address listed inside this email has been used in a known fraud before.
- This email uses a separate reply address that is different from the sender address. Spammers use this to get replies even when the original spam sending accounts have been shut down. Also, sometimes the sender addresses are legitimate looking but fake and only the reply address is actually an email account controlled by the scammers.
- The following phrases in this message should put you on alert:
- ",500,000" (they want you to be blinded by the prospect of quick money, but the only money that ever changes hands in 419 scams is from you to the criminals)
- "00,000.00" (they want you to be blinded by the prospect of quick money, but the only money that ever changes hands in 419 scams is from you to the criminals)
- "barrister" (Barristers (lawyers) mentioned in 419 scams are always fake.)
- This email message is a 419 scam. Please see our 419 FAQ for more details on such scams.
- Barristers (lawyers) mentioned in 419 scams are always fake.
- This email lists free webmail addresses. Use of such addresses is typical for scams. Lotteries, banks and any but the smallest of companies do not normally use such addresses. Criminals use them to anonymously send and receive email at Internet cafes.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Yahoo, France; can be used from anywhere worldwide)
- house name : barrister eminent email: email@example.com you really have to stop dealing with those people that (Yahoo; can be used from anywhere worldwide)
Fraud email example:
From: "Mrs. Diana Mikolic." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reply-To: "Mrs. Diana Mikolic." <email@example.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:46:59 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: GOOD NEWS DEAR BENEFICIARY.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â GOOD NEWS DEAR BENEFICIARY.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ***********************************
I am Mrs. Diana Mikolic, I am a US citizen, 51 years Old. I reside here in Fountain Hills Arizona. My residential address is as follows. 17370 E San Marcus Dr Fountain Hills, AZ 85268, USA, am thinking of relocating since I am now rich. I am one of those that took part in the Compensation in Benin Republic many years ago and they refused to pay me, I had paid over US$46,000 while in the US, trying to get my payment all to no avail.
So I decided to travel down to Benin Republic with all my compensation documents, And I was directed to meet Barristere Eminent william , who is the member of COMPENSATION AWARD COMMITTEE, and I contacted him and he explained everything to me. He said whoever is contacting us through emails are fake.
He took me to the paying bank for the claim of my Compensation payment. Right now I am the most happiest woman on earth because I have received my compensation funds of $2,500,000.00 Moreover, Barrister Eminent, showed me the full information of those that are yet to receive their payments and I saw your email address as one of the beneficiaries, that is why I decided to email you to stop dealing with those people, they are not with your fund, they are only making money out of you. I will advise you to contact Lawyer Tony Gani.
You have to contact him directly on this information below.
COMPENSATION AWARD HOUSE
Name : Barrister Eminent
Â You really have to stop dealing with those people that are contacting you and telling you that your fund is with them, it is not in anyway with them, they are only taking advantage of you and they will dry you up until you have nothing.
The only money I paid after I met Barrister Eminent was just US$450 for the paper works, take note of that.
As soon as you contact him he will send you the payment information which you are to use in sending the payment to him in order for him to obtain the document from the court of law there in Beni Republic so that your fund can be transfer to you without any delay just the way mine was being transfer to me.
Send him the following details if you know you are ready to have your FUNDS so that as soon as he receive your information he will send to you the payment details for sending him the $450USD that is needed for him to get the document that is needed to make the transfer a successful one and that is that only payment i made to Barrister Eminent and he help me in the transfering of my FUNDS and i most say that you have to countact him so that he will help you the way he help me to Get my FUNDS without any further payment.
Fill Out the information to him if you are ready to get your FUNDS
Your Full Name:â¦â¦â¦â¦â¦
Once again stop contacting those people, I will advise you to contact Barrister Eminent so that he can help you to Deliver your fund instead of dealing with those liars that will be turning you around asking for different kind of money to complete your transaction.
Contact him now!!!.
Thank You and Be Blessed.
Mrs. Diana Mikolic.
17370 E San Marcus Dr
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268, USA