fighting spam and scams on the Internet
"419" Scam – Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam
The so-called "419" scam is a type of fraud dominated by criminals from Nigeria and other countries in Africa. Victims of the scam are promised a large amount of money, such as a lottery prize, inheritance, money sitting in some bank account, etc.
Victims never receive this non-existent fortune but are tricked into sending their money to the criminals, who remain anonymous. They hide their real identity and location by using fake names and fake postal addresses as well as communicating via anonymous free email accounts and mobile phones.
Keep in mind that scammers DO NOT use their real names when defrauding people.
The criminals either abuse names of real people or companies or invent names or addresses.
Any real people or companies mentioned below have NO CONNECTION to the scammers!
Read more about such scams here or in our 419 FAQ. Use the Scam-O-Matic to verify suspect emails.
Click here to report a problem with this page.
Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:
- This email uses a separate reply address that is different from the sender address. Spammers use this to get replies even when the original spam sending accounts have been shut down. Also, sometimes the sender addresses are legitimate looking but fake and only the reply address is actually an email account controlled by the scammers.
- The following phrases in this message should put you on alert:
- "is 100% risk free" (almost true for the criminal trying to scam you - arrests of online criminals are rare)
- This email message is a 419 scam. Please see our 419 FAQ for more details on such scams.
Fraud email example:
From: Alex Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 08:37:13 +0100
Subject: Business Proposal
How are you today?
My name is Alex Chu. I work with Nanyang Commercial Bank here in Hong Kong.I have a win-win business proposal of a lifetime that is up to the tune of 17.6m (Seventeen Million, six Hundred Thousand Dollars). Please note that this business transaction is 100% risk free and will only take five working days from start to finish.Please let me know if you are interested so that I can give you details on how to go about the process.
I await your response.
Kartu Indonesia Sehat (KIS) adalah tanda kepesertaan Jaminan Kesehatan Nasional (JKN) untuk memperoleh pelayanan kesehatan yang komprehensif pada fasilitas kesehatan melalui mekanisme sistem rujukan berjenjang dan atas indikasi medis*.
KIS diterbitkan oleh BPJS Kesehatan untuk seluruh peserta jaminan kesehatan termasuk penerima bantuan iuran (PBI).
Kepesertaan KIS ada 2 kelompok:
1. Kelompok masyarakat yang wajib mendaftar dan membayar iuran, baik membayar sendiri, ataupun berkontribusi bersama pemberi kerjanya;
2. Kelompok masyarakat miskin dan tidak mampu yang didaftarkan oleh pemerintah dan iurannya dibayari oleh pemerintah
*) Kartu lainnya: Kartu Eks Askes, Eks Jamkesmas, KJS, Kartu JKN BPJS Kesehatan, masih tetap berlaku sesuai ketentuan sepanjang belum diganti dengan Kartu Indonesia Sehat (KIS).