fighting spam and scams on the Internet
"419" Scam – Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam
The so-called "419" scam is a type of fraud dominated by criminals from Nigeria and other countries in Africa. Victims of the scam are promised a large amount of money, such as a lottery prize, inheritance, money sitting in some bank account, etc.
Victims never receive this non-existent fortune but are tricked into sending their money to the criminals, who remain anonymous. They hide their real identity and location by using fake names and fake postal addresses as well as communicating via anonymous free email accounts and mobile phones.
Keep in mind that scammers DO NOT use their real names when defrauding people.
The criminals either abuse names of real people or companies or invent names or addresses.
Any real people or companies mentioned below have NO CONNECTION to the scammers!
Read more about such scams here or in our 419 FAQ. Use the Scam-O-Matic to verify suspect emails.
Click here to report a problem with this page.
Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:
- This email uses a separate reply address that is different from the sender address. Spammers use this to get replies even when the original spam sending accounts have been shut down. Also, sometimes the sender addresses are legitimate looking but fake and only the reply address is actually an email account controlled by the scammers.
- The following phrases in this message should put you on alert:
- "million dollars" (they want you to be blinded by the prospect of quick money, but the only money that ever changes hands in 419 scams is from you to the criminals)
- ",000,000" (they want you to be blinded by the prospect of quick money, but the only money that ever changes hands in 419 scams is from you to the criminals)
- "00,000.00" (they want you to be blinded by the prospect of quick money, but the only money that ever changes hands in 419 scams is from you to the criminals)
- This email message is a 419 scam. Please see our 419 FAQ for more details on such scams.
Fraud email example:
From: "INFO" (may be fake)
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 00:57:50 -0800
Our Company finance the following category below:
- Investment Loan: Ten Billion Dollars ($10,000,000,000.00)
- Premium packaged business loan: Hundred Million Dollars ($100,000,000.00)
- Large Scale business loan: Ten million Dollars ($10,000,000.00)
- Medium Scale business Loan: Five Million Dollars($5,000,000.00)
- Small scale business Loan: One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00)
In other to protect and safeguard our lender/Fund we also offer investment packages in various sector such as
- Energy and Power
- Oil and Gas
- Solid mineral ( Gold and Diamond )
_ Steam Coal and Iron ore
* Starting up a Franchise
* Business Acquisition
* Business Expansion
* Capital / Infrastructural Project
* Commercial Real Estate purchase
* Contract Execution
* Trade Financing
* Government Project Funding
As we have capability to finance,Discharge and deliver.
Should you be interested we look forward to your reply
Note we are licenced in all the above
Customer Care | Int'l Client Executive