fighting spam and scams on the Internet
"419" Scam – Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam
The so-called "419" scam is a type of fraud dominated by criminals from Nigeria and other countries in Africa. Victims of the scam are promised a large amount of money, such as a lottery prize, inheritance, money sitting in some bank account, etc.
Victims never receive this non-existent fortune but are tricked into sending their money to the criminals, who remain anonymous. They hide their real identity and location by using fake names and fake postal addresses as well as communicating via anonymous free email accounts and mobile phones.
Keep in mind that scammers DO NOT use their real names when defrauding people.
The criminals either abuse names of real people or companies or invent names or addresses.
Any real people or companies mentioned below have NO CONNECTION to the scammers!
Read more about such scams here or in our 419 FAQ. Use the Scam-O-Matic to verify suspect emails.
Click here to report a problem with this page.
Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:
- This email message is a 419 scam. Please see our 419 FAQ for more details on such scams.
Fraud email example:
From: =?UTF-8?B?WklOQ0hFTktPIFBFVFJPVklDSA==?= <email@example.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 22:58:55 +0300
See below procedures for JET FUEL A-1,JP54 FOB ROTTERDAM.
Price USD49 Gross.
Â FACE TO FACE TRANSACTION PROCEDURES FOB PORT OF ROTTERDAM
1. Buyer sends ICPO on receipt of Seller's Soft Offer along with financial Proof of Funds (POF).
2. Seller issues commercial invoice/CI, for the available quantity in the storage Tank Farm to Buyer, Buyer Signs and returns to Seller with scan passport copy NCNDA/IMFPA signed by all buyer groups with commission structures.
3) Seller issues Letter of Authorization to Buyer to Visit the fuel Location for Inspection and Dip Test analysis by SGS team at Rooterdam Port to the Direct Buyer, (Only Direct Buyer not representative)
4. Seller issues Dip Test Authorization letter to Buyer to enable buyer carry out the Q&Q analysis at Storage facility in Rotterdam. Upon Buyer arrival, Buyer meet with the Storage Tank officers and Seller representatives at the storage office and make immediate onward arrangement of the SGS analysis. ( Buyer will pay for the logistics at Storage Tank Farm Office in Rotterdam cash to the Tank operatives) .Face to Face .
5. Buyer carry out the Dip Test analysis with his SGS team in Rotterdam Port , upon release of the SGS Report, Buyer make 50% payment by MT103 TT wire transfer of the total product to the Refinery immediately after Dip Test of the Stored Products in Rotterdam Port.
6. Upon confirmation of the product prepayment, Seller inject the fuel into buyer's receiving Vessel or Tank, Seller submit the full injection report to the Buyer and Full POP documents.
7. upon complete injection into Buyer's vessel, Buyer make the outstanding 50% payment by MT103 TT wire transfer for the total product and Seller pays commission to all intermediaries involved in the transaction within 24 hours after confirmation of the buyer's payment.
8. Seller issues draft SPA to buyer to review for R&E monthly deliveries.